University of Iowa, 2017
B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication
B.A. Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies
Honors in all Majors
University of Iowa Office of Admissions Communications Coordinator
July 2017 – Present
- Draft copy for email campaigns and execute campaigns within CRM system.
- Develop communication and marketing campaigns targeting prospective students.
- Review, edit and maintain digital content for website and WordPress blog.
- Implement methods for measuring impact and tracking analytics of
communication and marketing campaigns, reporting outcomes accordingly.
- Supervise a team of student employees.
Food Pantry at Iowa Co-Founder & Co-Director
2015 – 2017
- Created and served on a steering committee to found the University of Iowa’s first campus food pantry.
- Oversaw a four-person executive board, setting direction, goals, and operations of the pantry.
- In nine months, grew the pantry from zero to 200 clients, 900 visits, and over 9,000 lbs. of distributed food.
- Ensured pantry stability by creating, managing and following an annual pantry budget of more than $13,000.
University of Iowa Center for Human Rights Programming Intern
2015 – 2017
- Coordinated events with budgets over $7,000 for 150 attendees, including organizing speakers, caterers, photographers, advertising campaigns, and transportation.
- Designed effective print media campaigns to promote events and spread knowledge of human rights issues.
Gender Women’s and Sexuality Studies Social Media and Outreach Intern
Dec 2015 – May 2016
- Developed online marketing campaigns increasing social media followers by 50% over 6 months.
- Utilized social media management tools TweetDeck and HootSuite to maintain a strong social media presence across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Tracked analytics and engaged with viewers to build the department’s following.
Daily Iowan Metro Editor 2015 – 2016
Daily Iowan Metro Reporter 2014 – 2015
- As Editor, collaborated with staff to plan content for daily 19,500 circulation paper.
- As Editor, oversaw staff of 8 reporters and managed a monthly budget of $2,000.
- As Reporter, provided comprehensive coverage of local healthcare, civil rights, and LGBTQ issues by creating the Daily Iowan’s first human rights beat.